Friday, May 27, 2011

Nothing is Ever Easy

A few weeks ago, my car started acting squirelly. Daniel thought he had isolated the problem and we got the part to fix it. Along with replacing this part, he put in 6 new spark plugs. Well, these two things did not fix the problem and my car is pretty much undriveable. I have been without a car for almost 2 weeks and I am so very much over it. We took my car to Midas to get a diagnostic test to see what was all wrong with it, get an estimate for repairs and to help us determine if we were going to pay to fix it or just trade it off. Midas got back to Daniel yesterday and repairs would total $900. So we said thank you but no thank you. We have decided to trade it off for something bigger which we have been toying with for several weeks. But this poses two problems-1.) We will loose money on trade in value because my car barely runs and 2.) the car I am interested in buying is in Clear Lake which is about a 30-45 mintue drive and we know my car won't make it that far. And the biggest problem of all, the title to the car is in a safe which is in the garage. And our garage is a sea of boxes which we will have to clean out to find the title. I need a car yesterday and I don't know if we will be able to find the title this weekend in order to purchase a new one on Monday.

So I guess the moral of this blog post is, we just get our house sold and then have to pick up a car payment which we were not wanting at all. I guess that is life and there are worse problems out there, but still not an ideal situation.

When we finally get around to purchasing a new car(believe you me, it will be Monday or sooner so I can hopefully save what little bit of sanity I have remaining) I will post pictures.

Hope everyone has a safe and joyous holiday weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment