Monday, August 29, 2011

Baby It's Hot Outside

I thought living in St. Louis area my whole life, I thought I understood what hot was. Midwestern humidity is nothing to joke about. But I didn't have to slightest clue what heat was until I have experienced the last month plus in Texas. The heat here is oppressive. Today marked the 35th day in a row of 100+ temps. and the 275th day of no measurable rainfall. This past weekend, Houston set a new record heat-109. It has never been that hot in Houston, EVER.  I have talked to several people who when I tell them we are from St. Louis, the first thing they say is "I'm sorry about this heat, it is not usually like this." I hope they are right and this summer is just a fluke. We could really use some rain and some heat relief.

*According to the local weatherman, starting Thursday we will rain and cooler temps through the holiday. Please cross all your crossables that this actually happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment