Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Year, New City

With the changing of the calendar came a change of address for our family. I wasn't and am still not too excited about moving into an apartment but am SO very excited to have my family together under the same roof again. I know this apartment is only temporary and I have to remind myself of that several times a day. I know that in due time(hopefully sooner rather than later) our house in Illinois will sell and we will be in the market for an amazing house in Houston. I think I am just feeling a bit blue as I view myself as a social creature and it is oh so hard to meet people in an apartment complex, especially when you are the minority and encounter a language barrier. And to top that off, the way the roads are laid out down here is like nothing I have ever driven before so I am way too scared to venture out on my own yet so that doesn't leave us many options but to stay cooped up in this apartment. Alright enough of my Debbie Downer attitude. Like I said, I am so happy to be together again as a family, very proud of Daniel and his new role at Longhorn Glass and excited to see what new adventures await us here in Houston.

Here are some pictures of our apartment.

Kitchen

Olivia's roon(it is a lot bigger than the picture shows)

Master bedroom(again picture doesn't show true size)

Cameron's room

Olivia and Cameron's bathroom(they LOVE the big tub)

another view of Master


Master bath(same tub as O and C's bath, I am very excited about that)


No comments:

Post a Comment