Saturday, November 26, 2011

Follow Up to Thanksgiving....

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I know a lot of the time I seem to be negative Nancy and for the most part I am. I am still adjusting to being in Texas all alone and have it hard to really made any genuine friends down here, so I am so incredibly lonely.

So instead of my tale of woe, I want to take a few minutes and say what I am thankful for and I have many, many things to be truly thankful for.

1. I am thankful for the best husband, who is incredibly loving and hardworking.
2. I am thankful that my girls have such an amazing daddy.
3. I am thankful that God found me worthy of such truly incredible kiddos.
4. I am thankful for my awesome family.
5. I am thankful for better friends than I deserve.
6. I am thankful for a warm(or cool) house to live in.
7. I am thankful that we have enough.
8. I am thankful that I have transportation to get where I need to go.
9. I am thankful for Olivia's preschool and fostering her love of learning.
10. I am thankful for Texas.

I could go on and on, but I just wanted everyone to know that I am not as bitter of a person as I might seem to be. I know that this time of year is hard because as many people are giving thanks, a lot more people are struggling. Struggling to be able to provide necessities for their families, much less indulge them in frivolous gifts. I find it hard for me to draw the line as far as presents are concerned. I want my kids to have everything they want(doesn't every parent) but I also don't want them to feel entitled. They have way more than a lot of kids and I want them to know that. I started this year making Olivia donate toys before her birthday and Christmas in order to make room for new toys and hopefully to teach her that donating to the less fortunate is a good thing.

Ok, enough of my rambling. Our Thanksgiving dinner turned out really good. The food was very delicious. The only thing that went wrong was I forgot to put out the cranberry sauce and no one even missed it.


Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment